Distressed Real Estate
The Current State Of The Real Estate Market Creates Both Challenges & Opportunities
In light of the the economic challenges presented by the COVID-19 pandemic, today’s troubled real estate market requires experienced and innovative lawyers. Huckstep Law's distressed real estate team advises borrowers on mortgages issues including payment deferrals, loan restructuring, short-sales, and foreclosures. If bankruptcy cannot be avoided, we will refer you to a specialist in that area of the law. Whether your issues relate to residential or commercial property, our focus is to anticipate future complications, minimize your risks, expedite restructuring, understand tax consequences, and, if disputes arise, leverage our litigation experience for favorable resolution.
Our areas of distressed real estate services include the following:
- Advise Clients On Debtors' Rights
- Negotiating Loan Forbearance
- Negotiating Debt And Equity Restructuring
- Negotiating Short Sale Of Property With Lenders & Potential Buyer
- Negotiating Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure To Settle All Debt
- Advising With Regard To Planned Or Unplanned Foreclosure
- Assisting Your Tax Adviser With Respect to Tax Consequences Of Restructuring, Short Sale or Foreclosure Options
At Huckstep Law, we represent property owners, investors, partners and developers in a wide range of distressed real estate issues. Our real estate attorneys negotiate restructuring, refinancing, partner disputes, distressed property sales. Our staff have extensive knowledge of the Federal, State and local regulations regarding these matters. Since distressed deals are complicated and multidimensional, we work with our clients to understand their options and the mechanics of closing deals while managing practical and technical risks, as well as real-world consequences. If you are involved in a real estate transaction in western Colorado and need a trusted advisor, call our office.